Remaining time to vote
- Emmy Coffey McCarthy is Expat of the Year 2012. Congratulations, Emmy!
- eBuddy is Expat Employer of the Year 2012. Well done, eBuddy!
- Kuwait Petroleum is Expat Newly Arrived Headquarters of the Year 2012. Welcome, Q8!
Vote for an Expat Employer of the Year
Expat Employer of the Year will be awarded to an organization that has shown exceptional dedication to the well-being of its international employees through support, service and opportunities.
The winner of the Expat Employer of the Year needs to meet several requirements in order to qualify for nomination. For more information on these, as well as, the voting/nomination process, please click here.
If you would like to nominate your employer or another organization for this award, please note they must meet the following criteria:
- have more than twenty expats/internationals in employment
- have at least one office in the Netherlands;
- have been established in the Netherlands since before 2011; and
- have demonstrated outstanding commitment to their international/expat employees in one or more of the following areas:
- Expat benefits and support services
- Career development and opportunities
- Educational opportunities
- Language and integration support, and/or
The voting/nomination process is as follows:
- We will publish longlist of 50 Expat Employers for which the website will go live 2nd half of January
- You, the community are invited to vote on these and send in new nominations not already listed, until the end of April (additions to the longlist will be at our discretion).
- Note that only 1 vote & 1 nomination per category and per email address can be submitted.
- Based on number of votes and nominations, we will shortlist 10 finalists per category the 1st week of May.
- Shortlist finalists will then be asked to send a video or prepare some other type of self-promotion.
- The independent jury will review these and choose the winners. The jury members are:
- Maarten Bremer, Director, Intercultural Management & Communication at Royal Tropical Institute - Intercultural Professionals (chairman)
- Julie E. Ruterbories, US Consul General to the Netherlands
- Rick Scholten, Districtdirecteur International Clients Amsterdam at ABN AMRO
- Serv Wiemers, Director Investment Climate & Promotion at NFIA
- Lucie Cunningham, Runner Up Expat of the Year 2011
- Winners will be announced during the awards ceremony at Nyenrode Business University on Tuesday, 5 June 2012.
When voting or nominating, please don't forget to submit a motivational note that is as detailed as possible. Finalists will be shortlisted partly based on this information.
The nominees in the category Expat Employer of the Year are:
AdyenAdyen helps merchants accept payments from consumers. We focus on maximising payment conversion and excellent reporting. We support relevant payment methods [read more] across Europe, USA, Asia and Latin America and continue to expand. [less]
Booking.comBased in Amsterdam, Booking.com is a leading world-wide online hotel reservations organization catering to the leisure and business markets. With [read more] support offices internationally located all over the world and with a website available in 41 languages, Booking.com is able to offer hotel options in 162 countries. Today, their multilingual customer service staff of 33000 worldwide employees is dedicated to servicing Booking.com's customers and hotel partners, in almost every corner of the world. Join in on the innovation at our head office in Amsterdam or in one of our 50+ offices worldwide. Development opportunities abound at Booking.com, where your ambitions will be encouraged. Become a part of our fast-paced, innovative work environment by lending your expertise, or come aboard ready to learn and grow! Most of all... have fun while you do! With over 2200 employees globally, we make sure hard work pays off with a relaxed working environment and plenty of fun after hours. [less]
eBuddyeBuddy is a fast growing and international high tech company with Headquarters in Amsterdam city center, who now welcomes over 28 nationalities. eBuddy [read more] has the Knowledge Migrant employer status for non EU and is hiring the best talents from all over the world, helping them in the process of relocating and integrating as family or single Expats in the Netherlands. eBuddy provides a dynamic, young and informal working environment, where team work plays an essential role. All employees take part in the Employee Stock Option Program, reinforcing our shared goals.A great Expat employer and fun work-environment! [less]
EJR-QuartzEJR-Quartz was established in 1999 in response to the growing demand for web content development. Our multinational team combines editorial skills with [read more] a sound understanding of the underlying web technologies.
The two founding partners - Erica Rolfe and Cees Walen - had already been collaborating closely on a number of web projects since 1995, mainly for the European Space Agency. In 1999, this partnership was formalised, combining the editorial and journalistic skills of EJR Publications with the IT skills of Quartz Consultancy. The company has grown considerably since then to a team of editors, writers, graphics designers and programmers based in the Netherlands, Italy, Germany and the UK. [less]
Network HardwareNHR today is a global industry leader with corporate headquarters in the U.S., the Netherlands and Singapore, and is the world's leading reseller [read more] of pre-owned network equipment (e.g., Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, Redback, Foundry) and lifecycle solutions (e.g., NetSureTM). NHR also partners with manufacturers for the resale of new networking equipment. More than 10,000 organizations worldwide purchase quality networking equipment from NHR including Global 1000 companies, small and mid-sized enterprises, government entities, educational institutions, healthcare organizations, and telecommunications service providers. Additionally NHR has been recognized with several awards, including Company of the Year (South Coast Business & Technology Awards 2010)appearances on Inc. 5000 and Inc. 500. [less]
Remobis Refund ServiceRemobis is the leading specialist when it comes to processing and pre-financing VAT refunds for companies that do business across borders. We provide [read more] training, workshops and courses designed to enhance your knowledge and know-how run by external parties and our own specialists, so there is a good balance between theoretical knowledge and practice. With continuous opportunities for further training and a wide range of career-planning options, at Remobis you have plenty of scope to excel. [less]
SESWe are a world-leading satellite operator, providing reliable and secure satellite communications solutions to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government [read more] customers worldwide.
SES offers an open atmosphere where cultural and regional diversity are valued as unique business assets. [less]